Eat Breathe Thrive @ THoY
Eat Breathe Thrive – Yoga, Food & Body Image
Eat Breathe Thrive is a non-profit organisation that prevents and helps individuals fully recover from disordered eating and negative body image through evidence based programmes that integrate yoga, community and service.
A programme to redefine your relationship with your body & yourself…
This innovative training will teach you how yoga and meditation can help you transform your relationship with food and feel confident in the skin you’re in.
Food and body image challenges are rampant in our society. Whether it’s eating to avoid feelings, dieting to lose weight, or wearing makeup to look younger, nearly everyone deals with these issues at one time or another. Yoga and meditation provide a rich set of tools that support healthy eating, emotional resilience, and positive body image.
In this training, you’ll learn a set of mind-body practices that can be used to overcome body image challenges and disordered eating on all ends of the spectrum. Presented by Chelsea Roff, Founder and Director of Eat Breathe Thrive, this training covers:
- The spectrum of food and body image challenges, from undereating and overexercising to binge eating and negative body image
- Latest research on the genetic, psychological, and sociocultural causes of eating disorders ● How to recognize and reach out to individuals who may be struggling with eating disorders in secrecy and isolation
- Ways in which we may unintentionally transmit negative body image messages to students or clients
- Psychoeducational exercises that support healthy eating, positive body image, and radical self-acceptance
- How yoga and meditation affect the autonomic nervous system, in particular in individuals with a history of trauma
- Yoga-based practices for coping with difficult emotions and building resilience
- Mindfulness-based meditations for tuning into hunger and fullness signals
- Group activities which help people to help one another overcome food and body image challenges
This training serves as Module One of the Eat Breathe Thrive Facilitator Training. Graduates are eligible to apply for Module Two, an online certificate program that teaches yoga teachers and other helping professionals how to offer the Eat Breathe Thrive Six-Week Program to individuals with food and body image challenges.
Dates: 13th – 15th October 2017
Times: Friday 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Saturday 10.30am – 12.30pm 2.00pm – 6.00pm
Sunday 10.30am – 12.30pm 2.00pm – 6.00pm
Facilitator: Chelsea Roff
Chelsea Roff is the Founder and Director of Eat Breathe Thrive™, a non-profit organization that prevents and helps individuals overcome disordered eating and negative body image. An internationally recognized author, speaker, and educator, Chelsea has spent the past seven years pioneering integrative programs for people with mental health challenges.
Early bird Investment: £285.00 *Must register by 15th September 2017*
To register & book simply CLICK HERE to register.
*Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance* – Eckhart Tolle